Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April is Grilled Cheese Month!



Nope this is not an April Fool's Day joke. The entire month of April is devoted to the best sandwich on the planet, in my honest opinion. So in honor of this holiday I will be posting at least one tasty grilled cheese per week. The picture here is a reposting of the Grilled Cheese I made to go with my super duper Tomato Soup. This delicious morsel was made with extra sharp white cheddar, Asiago & Gruyere cheese, you can find the recipe here.

If you are in the LA area be sure head on over to Clementine Cafe in Century City for their fabulous grilled cheeses. Check out the menu here, click on the postcard on the bottom of the homepage to download a pdf of the entire month's selection. I'll be in town next weekend and hope to stop in to try the Grilled Cheese Al Carbon and the Little Armenia. Some of the other sammies that I wish I could be there to try are the Pecorino Sardo with oven-roasted tomatoes, olives and thyme on panini bread or the Camembert with mustard greens and mushrooms on country bread or the Queso Mahon & Chorizo with quince paste and romesco, which sounds so delish and different I may have to try to make it myself! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Man-o-man I LOVE grilled cheese!!!
Your grilled cheese looks yummy with the 3 different cheeses! I've only ever had ones with cheddar, how boring is that?! I think I should try something new since it's grilled cheese month!

Jen H said...

You should definitely play around with all kinds of cheeses and just about anything else you can think of, apples, meat etc!

Jennifer Brody said...

I heart Clementine's! Their sandwiches are amazing!