Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pork Tenderloin Hash



It was over a week ago that I first posted my herb crusted pork tenderloin and promised to share what I did with my leftovers. Well here you go. Granted I ate this last weekend for breakfast, but even if it's late it was too tasty not to share. When I bought pork tenderloin and threw it in the freezer for a later use, it didn't occur to me that the package would hold loins. Well it did, so when I defrosted it I had to herb crust both since I couldn't freeze them again. Luckily it turned out well! So I was left with quite a bit of leftovers. My first go was with pork enchiladas with a red chili sauce, enchiladas are one of my go to uses with leftover meat. Another one is hash. Well the hash I made with the tenderloin was so simple and tasty I had to share.

Pork Tenderloin Hash
serves 2

1/2 loin Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin - diced
4 new potatoes - diced
1 small onion diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
garlic powder
salt & pepper
sliced green onions - for garnish
4 eggs - for serving

1. Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot add in diced potatoes and a liberal amount of salt & pepper. Saute for 5-10 minutes until begin to soften and turn golden brown.
2. Add in onions and pork, more salt and pepper and a liberal amount of garlic powder. Saute over medium to medium low heat until the onions darken, the pork heats through and both the pork and potatoes have nice crispy bits on the outside.
3. Serve with poached or over easy eggs and garnish with sliced green onions.


Now it's safe to say that I'm a fan of hash. This is the 3rd recipe I've posted in less than 6 months (Carniats Hash and Sweet Potato & Turkey Sausage Hash) I think it's mostly because it's an easy and filling meal and a great way to reuse leftovers. it comes together even more quickly if you have leftover potatoes. You can even throw black beans into it, if you have them lying around, basically almost anything goes here. I may try it with some Swiss Chard next time. And of course it's always good topped with my fave, eggs!

I think it's safe to say this was a winner with me. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer Brody said...

OMG, this looks amazing! I love making hash and can't wait to try this recipe!