2 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs sirloin - sliced into strips
2 lbs sliced button mushrooms
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 1/4 cups water
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1 lb whole wheat egg noodles
1 handful of flat leaf parsley chopped
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add in sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until begin to brown. Add in beef broth and let simmer until mushrooms are cooked through and broth begins to reduce (approx 5-10 mins). Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon to a bowl and reserve the beef broth.
2. Heat another Tbsp of olive oil in skillet and brown beef. Once browned remove to bowl with mushrooms.
3. Into drippings add flour, onion soup mix, cold water and reserved beef broth. Stir to combine and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. In a large pot boil water and cook noodles according to package.
5. In the skillet, add in sour cream, stirring to combine. Add back in beef & mushrooms. Let simmer to heat up the sauce and reheat the beef & mushrooms.
6. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.