It can't be the Superbowl without a dip.
My all-time favorite will always be onion dip. I can literally eat vats of it.
It also can't be the SuperBowl without something buffalo. I, of course, mean the spicy flavor of buffalo wings, not the Buffalo Bills, who sadly haven't been to the show in almost 10 years and have never actually won!
Anyway, since I have yet to make a delicious spicy buffalo treat for this year's round of Superbowl bites, it only seemed right to combine the two classic dishes into one Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip.
If you are on the lookout for a tasty last minute thing to bring to a party or to add to your own feast, this is it. Just throw the ingredients in the food processor, pick up a crudite platter from you grocery store, along with a bag of chips and you're good to go.
I have to ask guys, who will you be rooting for come Sunday? I promise no hate for the Giants fans out there, just know I'm a die-hard Pats fan.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip
A tangy and zesty dip that will be a perfect choice for any game day gathering.
- 1 8oz package cream cheese - at room temperature
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt - I like Oikos Brand
- 2 Tbsps Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 3 green onions - roughly chopped, green parts separated
- 1 Tbsp Wocestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
1. Place the cream cheese, yogurt, hot sauce, white and light green pieces of the the onions, Worcestershire sauce and ground white pepper in to your food processor and pulse until combined and smooth.2. Pour the cream cheese/yogurt mixture into a bowl and gently fold in the blue cheese. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. 3. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and green bits of green onions. Serve with crudite and your favorite chips.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: makes 2 cups of dip