Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I'm obsessed with...


So here's the thing with packing up your whole life for a big move, there isn't alot of cooking.  So as far as recipes I can't say I have any to share with you.  In fact we got Indian food delivered tonight and I have to say, I can't speak for the authenticity of our meal, but it was exactly what my painting exhausted body want tonight.

So in the absence of energy for cooking or writing a restaurant review, I thought I share some things I'm obsessed for right now, that aren't packing new house or home decor related.



Smashed Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes - I obsessed about pretty much everything Joy the Baker makes and cannot wait for her cookbook, but these look ridiculous and exactly what I want to make for my first real breakfast in the new house.

Enoteca Ascari - I've been wanting to check this place out since before the holidays and LOVE that it got a rave review from the fabulous Mama Shack and fam.  The boy and I will absolutely be tagging along and their next excursion there.

Homemade Twinkies - I love the first January posts from of Coconut and Lime because I the trip she takes back in time every New Years Eve.  A decade themed movie marathon, complete with the food of the decade? How can you go wrong?  These twinkies look like everything you want the packaged ones to be but they so aren't.  I may have to get the pan to make these....even though upon packing up my bake wear I learned that I have 38 pans!

An Everlasting Meal - My dad gave me this book for Christmas and I can't wait to dig into and start reading.  It is everything from a memoir, to a book that teaches you too cook to even teaching how to fix those things that seems destined for the trash, like burnt veggies.

Maple & Citrus Cured Salmon - I pretty much obsessed with all things Well Preserved, in fact they are one of the reasons I decided to try and post every day for a year.  But beyond that they are a wealth of helpful info and delicious recipes.  Not the least this one, which I absolutely want to get after making.  I love gravlax and having been meaning to make it forever this recipe makes me think that 2012 will be my year of curing.  Let's see if I can do it.

Ad Hoc at Home Brownies - I gave my dad this book a couple years ago.  I have no idea if he's ever cooked from it, but I did over the break.  The chicken pot pie and brownies.  They were both amazing.  The brownies were so transcendent (yes, I used the word transcendent) that I think I've dreamt about them.  I'm buying this book and making them probably once a month.  Right now they are winning for my ultimate brownie.  If you have a recipe that can compete please share it in the comments.

What are you obsessed with these days?

No comments: