Friday, January 6, 2012

Top Posts of 2011




This round-up is a bit late but better late than never right.  You always see the most popular posts from the past 30 days in my left sidebar, so I thought I'd take the time to share the most popular posts from the last year and tomorrow, I plan to share some of my top posts from 2011.

1. One Bite Fried Mozzarella & Spicy Tomato Sauce - This was part of my Superbowl Eats Series and got me the most blog traffic in one day that I've ever have.  It was pretty amazing was some super simple bites of ooey gooey cheese were able to do.  This post also made it onto Tastespotting's Top 100 of 2011, which is definitely a first for me.  As you prepare for the Superbowl this year, I highly recommend making these, they are a serious crowd pleaser.




2. Grilled Brie & Pear Sandwich - I'm obsessed with grilled cheese and the fact that April is Grilled Cheese Month just gives me a reason to spend the month trying out new grilled cheese recipes. I love cheese with fruit and that this sandwich is yet another example of melty cheese resonating with people.

3. Slow Cooker Chicken Pho - This is the only recipe from the top 5 that wasn't original, but it is more than worthy of being here.  Jaden of Steamy Kitchen deserves all the credit for this one and it is seriously one of my favorites from the last year. Easy to make and the ultimate comfort food, I can't wait to make this again.

4. Grilled Corn Salad - I love that this was a popular post, especially since it was my last one of 2011. This salad is beyond easy to make and just screams of summer.  It came together based on stuff I had on hand, mostly from my garden. It can easily be adapted and changed based on preference or what you have in the house.

5. Nutella Ricotta Pocket Pies - I developed this recipe for World Nutella Day on February 5 and never expected it to get the recognition it did, especially with all of the other fabulous recipes that were shared that day.  Nutella and ricotta just scream Italy to me and it only felt right to pair them together in a pie.  I'm glad so many readers agreed.

So what are your thoughts on these?  Where they some of your favorites? Do you agree with the masses?

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for my favorite recipes from the year.

No comments: