And we're back with the 2012 edition of Superbowl Bites and I'm not going to lie and couldn't be more excited about this Superbowl.
Why, you ask?
Why because my beloved NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS will be heading down to Indy to (hopefully) destroy the Giants. I promise I'll keep this and future Superbowl related posts free of trash talk, I'm not that kind of fan.
Did you know that the Superbowl is the second biggest food holiday, second only to Thanksgiving?!
I guess it makes sense because it is one of the only events (or holidays) I consistently post about, but I always assumed it was because I love football and the big game.
So for my first recipe out of the gate, I'm going with something super easy and delicious and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, Oven Fries.
These aren't a flashy bite, but who doesn't love a crispy potato? ANd if your like me and despise the mess that comes from actually frying fries, these are so for you. You hack up some potatoes toss them in oil and seasonings and throw 'em into the oven for an easy peasy batch of french fries.
They go amazingly with some spicy chipotle ketchup and I might just have another dip up my sleeve for them, so stay tuned for that.
San Pellegrino. You may have seen my post yesterday about the Almost Famous Chef Competition, well as part of my coverage I get to give one lucky winner a $150 gift certificate to Lee, one of my favorite restaurants in Toronto!
You have THREE opportunities to get entries into the contest and believe me you'll want all of them for this one.
1. Post a comment below saying what your favorite game time food is, if you don't like sports how about your favorite pub food. Since we so often go to the pub to watch games. Just post something to be eligible.
2. Like Piccante Dolce on Facebook and come back and post a comment to tell me you did.
3. Share the contest on Facebook and come back and post a comment to tell me you did.
Comments close on Monday January 30th at 9pm EST.
Come one you know you want to enter, Valentine's Day is coming and this would make an amazing gift for a loved one or just for yourself.
Super simple and healthy "fries" that are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked spanish paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with avocado oil. 2. Wash the potatoes and cut into wedges, about 10-12 per potato. In a large bowl toss the wedges with some more avocado oil and the spices. 3. Spread the potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet and place in the heated oven. 4. Bake for 20 minutes, then pull the pan out and flip the potatoes. Bake for another 10-20 minutes, checking to see how golden brown and crispy they are. 5. Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before digging in for the deliciousness!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings