Friday, February 4, 2011

Superbowl Eats Round-up: 12 Recipes for your Superbowl Party



Superbowl Sunday is three things for me: Football, Commercials and Food.  Well since I moved to Canada we don't get the crazy one-off commercials or cool movie trailers, the Canadian station sells the commercial time to local advertisers, who don't seem to appreciate the importance of Superbowl commercials.  It was an adjustment at first, but I deal and it just brings the food even more to the forefront, as if that were even possible!  If you've been reading along this week, you've seen some fun game time food that I came up with especially for the big day.  This post is devoted to some of my favorite game time food as well as some delectable sounding recipes I've happened upon on the web.


MUNCHIES
Caramelized Onion & Roasted Garlic Dip - I am obsessed with this dip and think it will work for any time, but is especially perfect for game time!

Buffalo Chicken Nachos - The perfect combination of wings nachos, what could be better?

Fried Mozzarella Spicy Tomato Sauce - These rich delicious bites are easy to make ahead and are give a grown-up twist with a super spicy sauce.

Bacon & Cheese Wrapped Tater Tots with Hot Sauce - I can't stop thinking about these delicious bites, potatoes, cheese, bacon it's liked a new twist on a potato skin and another easy on to make ahead.  from RecipeGirl.com

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla - Another easy dish that's pack with flavor, sure to impress anyone at your Superbowl Party


ENTREES
Portobello Burger - For the vegetarians in your life, this "burger" is meaty and satisfying even for the carnivores.

Old Fashioned Burger - Or this amazing looking cheeseburger would be ideal for the carnivores in your life.  I can't wait to make this one!  from Please Pass the Pie and America's Test Kitchen

Pomegranate Ancho Pulled Pork - Packed full of flavor and easy to keep warm in your slow cooker, what could be better for feeding a crowd?

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili - This one is an oldie but a goodie.  Super simple to put together and packed full of flavor.


SWEETS & MORE
Whoopie Pies - These are so adorable, delicious and just plain fun for a big game day!

Lemon Drop Jello Shots - I came across this photo on Tasteologie and while it's not one of my recipes I had to share it none the less.  How adorable are these?!  I'm so making them very soon. from Bakers Royale

Michelada - Beer and football go hand in hand so why not amp it up with some salt and lime?  I first heard of this drink from my good friend AJ, who's from Texas. This one looks delish, just add a little hot sauce and she would say it's perfect!  from Muy Bueno Cookbook


What are you making for the Superbowl?  Link to some of your favorite gameday recipes in the comments.   Who are you rooting for or are you just a football fan?

Enjoy!

No comments: