Friday, January 27, 2012

What I'm obsessed with part 3


My Mom just got here today and is going to help with some little house projects over the next few days.

I've spent the better part of the day cleaning and trying my best to tidying our far from unpacked house, so I'll keep this one short and sweet.

Here's another installment of the things I'm obsessing over the last week.


Well Preserved Valentines - I love these! They are seriously perfect for you favorite foodie.  Joel and Dana of Well Preserved are two of my favorite bloggers and I LOVE their design aesthetic, you should also check out their Periodic Table of Home Preserving while you're in their store.

Old Fashioned Milk Paint - This no VOC paint is kind of amazing and something I've been looking into when I think about painting some of the other rooms in my house.  It's also great for refinishing furniture too, check out this cool transformation to an IKEA daybed that Jen at the Haystack Needle did.

Momofuko Bo Ssam - I'm on a bit of a pork shoulder kick these days and this recipe is rapidly climbing to the top of my to make list.

Downton Abbey - If you haven't watch this show you must!  I bought Season 1 on iTunes and watched it in 3 days.  I'm in love with Anna and Bates and even Mary and Matthew.  I just started Season 2, so if you're ahead of me don't ruin anything.  If you haven't been watching I highly recommend you do.  Even if you generally shy away from period pieces, this one is all about the relationships and while the period is beautifully done, it's the characters and their stories that will hook you.  I do love the cook too and watching has inspired me to break out my Mrs. Beeton's Cookery book.

It's been a busy week house wise, so I'm sad to say I don't have any more for today.  What are you obsessing about this week?

No comments: