Saturday, January 21, 2012

What I'm cooking this weekend



Right now bubbling on my stove is a massive batch of Barbara Lynch's Butcher Shop Bolognese.

It smells so insanely delicious I wish I could send smells via the internet.  Seriously, it's that good.  It's meaty and rich smelling and I'd happily go for a swim in the pot right now if I'd fit.

I really need the bread I'm about to bake to be done so I can drench it in sauce.


I'm sure you can find the recipe online, but since I'm in love with her cookbook Stir and think everyone should own it, I'm not going to post it here in the hopes you'll go out and buy your own copy.

See that meaty goodness in the spoon on the cover? That's the bolognese. Yum!
I've even teased you with a couple of other of her recipes:

Fennel Cucumber and Green Bean Salad with Roasted Potatoes and Creamy Yogurt

Braised Chicken Thighs with Pommes Puree - so perfect on a cold winter day like today.

I promise it's so worth it.  Oh and I'm not getting anything from encouraging you to buy the book.  I just truly love it and think you will too.

The bolognese is for dinner tonight and I actually made a double batch so I can freeze some since the Boy is in love with meat sauce. I figure it will make for an easy dinner somewhere down the line.

I also have some pie crust chilling in the fridge for a Raspberry Blueberry Pie to be made with Ontario berries I froze this summer.  Assuming all goes well I'll absolutely be sharing the recipe later this week.

Tomorrow I'm making Slow Cooker Chicken Pho because I've been craving it and the Boy asked for Pho.  So the easiest solution is to make it, right?

What are you cooking this weekend?

All of my creations are full on comfort food, because we finally have snow and it actually feels like winter.

No comments: