Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Introducing Travel Thursday!


Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica
Over the last few weeks I was lucky enough to do quite a bit of travelling from LA to Boulder to all over Costa Rica and in a few weeks I'm heading to Montreal for a birthday weekend with my fabulous Hubs.  I mean, I'm pretty damn lucky to be able to do as much as I've done and will do this month.  What better way to celebrate it than sharing some of my favorite bits and bobs about each trip with you?   I'll be sharing it in a new weekly series, called Travel Thursday, try not to be too blown away by the original name, I have more than enough great info and photos to share to run it through the summer and hope to be lucky enough to keep it running even longer. Travel Thursdays will include restaurant reviews of the places I've travelled as well as some hotel and activity reviews.


Imperial - Costa Rica's answer to Coors Light
 I can't wait to get into it as I start to go through the over 1,000 photos I took over the last few weeks.   But don't worry about Travel Thursday's getting in the way of the recipe posts that I know most of you come here for, it's why I'll only be posting weekly about my adventures.  The travel has inspired all kinds of recipe ideas and with the spring here I'm also working on some posts using seasonal ingredients and preserving them for the winter.

Before I sign off to get into all the work I've lined up for myself, I want to give a shout out to the fabulous ladies who have covered for me here and over at noreEATS.

Tania from Love Big Bake Often for sharing two fabulous recipes:
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Quiche - heavenly!
Lemon Balsamic Roasted Potatoes - I know the Boy will LOVE these.

Jen from Domestic Divas and a regular guest poster here:
Seared Scallops with Bacon Braised Chard - this one is absolutely going on my must make list!

Susan from She's Becoming Doughmesstic:
Watermelon Sorbet - how gorgeous is this?! Perfect for those summer picnics that we are all looking forward to having.

And finally the fabulous ladies over at noreEATS, specifically Diane for taking care of my Sunday post this week, when her and Carole both did a marathon!

a teaser for tomorrow's post
Stay tuned for tomorrow's Travel Thursday post!

No comments: