Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy National Pie Day


Sweet Cherry Apple Pie

Oh how I wish i had the time to bake a pie to post today, but life and work just caught up, so a roundup will have to do.   I am completely obsessed with pie, I love it!  I wish I had the time this month to join in with The Peche on all of their crazy pie baking this month.  It's pretty insanely delicious looking and I highly recommend checking out everything they made.

Here's a round up of some of the pies I've made over the last year or so.

Apple Pie

Sweet Cherry Apple Pie - This is still the most popular pie on this site.  A year and a half later it still gets more hits than any other dessert I've made.  A perfect end of summer pie with fresh sweet cherries and first of season apples.

Apple Pie - You can't go wrong with a classic and I love the way the ground ginger enhances the tartness of the Granny Smith Apples in this pie.

Pumpkin Pie


Unprocessed Pumpkin Pie - I developed this one for the Unprocessed October Challenge for my Unprocessed Thanksgiving.  It's the first time I made a pumpkin pie and I am so pleased with the way it came out.  I even made it again for American Thanksgiving and my mom happily gobbled most of it up after we all went home.


Peach & Brie Pie


Peach & Brie Pie - We get gorgeous Niagara Peaches here in Toronto in the summer and I love the pairing of fruit and cheese in this sweet and creamy savory pie.

Apple Blueberry Pie - This is the Boy's favorite.  So much so that it's what I make every year for his birthday.  All credit for this recipe goes to Emeril Lagasse as it was one of the first pies I ever made and it was before I was comfortable switching things up.

What are you making for National Pie Day?

No comments: