Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Love 4 Lasagna Round-up Week 3


Here we are week three and in the craziness of getting ready for my trip back to Boston for Thanksgiving I've fallen a bit behind, which is why this round-up comes a day late, but is no less delicious!

Mama Shack's Pastitsio
Mama Shack went the Greek route and made on of my favorites, Pastitsio, the Greek answer to lasagna, at least that's what I like to call it.  Her dish looks beyond luscious and I'm so sad I wasn't invited over to sample it.   Luckily she finally has one in the W column with Shack!

My Pork & Fennel Lasagna
I went with a more traditional lasagna, with the twist being I made a pork ragu as opposed to a meat sauce. It got a thumbs up from my mom and the boy which means it's a winner as far as I'm concerned.  This one could actually very easily be made using leftover Thanksgiving turkey, just make the sauce without meat and add in shredded turkey at the very end before you build you lasagna.

Another lasagna that could be great with leftover turkey is Mama Shack's Chile Verde Lasagna.  You could make the green chile stew without any meat and add in the shredded turkey at the end.

So there you have it two more delicious takes on lasagna and a couple of idea for what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving Turkey!

Enjoy!

No comments: