Monday, May 11, 2009

Proscuitto and Melon Salsa Crostini



And we're back with the second crostini I made for my recent dinner party, I love prosciutto and melon and while I could have just wrapped some prosciutto around pieces of melon and been done with it. I had a whole baguette worth of crostini that I wanted to put to use which is how I decided on the melon salsa atop of prosciutto ribbons.

Prosciutto & Melon Crostini

Crostini - made using the same method as with the White Bean Puree
1/4 lb of prosciutto - sliced into ribbons
1/2 cantaloupe - cut into a small dice
2-3 slices of red onion - finely diced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
handful of flat leaf parsley - chopped
sea salt & fresh cracked pepper

1. Toss the diced melon, red onions and parsley in the red wine vinegar. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. To slice the prosciutto into ribbons roll a few pieces together lengthwise and slice along the roll 1/2" pieces. Unroll and separate into a pile of beautiful prosciutto ribbons.
3. Top each crostino with 3-5 pieces of prosciutto and a Tbsp of melon salsa. Sprinkle sea salt and fresh cracked pepper over each costini.


While both crostini were good these were a clear winner. The boy and my guest went back for more of this one much more than the white bean. As my readers know I love the blending of salty and sweet and this is a classic combination of those flavors. It was a bit messy, in that after a bite everything kind of fell off the crostino, I think the next time I make them they need to be more of a one bite treat. Get the whole thing in there so as not to loose any of the delicious bits. Enjoy!

No comments: