Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oven Roasted Broccoflower


We first bought broccoflower a few months ago and really enjoyed it. The first time we had it I just steamed it and the next time the boy pureed it with some cauliflower and mashed potatoes for a Shepherd's pie topping which aside from the slight greenish tint was absolutely delicious. This most recent go I decided to oven roast it and now think this is my favorite treatment of broccoflower. Easy and full of flavor it's something I highly recommend trying out.

Oven Roasted Broccoflower

1 head brocoflower - washed and separated into equal sized florets
1 tsp garlic powder
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
fresh cracked pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toss broccoflower with olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
2. Spread on a baking sheet in one layer. Lay rosemary sprigs on top of the broccoflower. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until tender with nice golden bits. Enjoy!

I don't post too many vegetable dishes on here because I'll be honest veggies aren't my favorite. I know I need to eat them and have been consciously trying to eat more lately. This recipe is the first of hopefully many where I'll be playing around with different vegetables and recipes. It's also a fabulous recipe, oven roasting vegetables really brings out the flavors and just makes them delicious! I found Himalayan pink salt at my local grocery store and decided to try it out. The package said it's good for roasting and I have to agree. You can of course use sea salt or what ever your salt of preference is. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

We've been trying to eat more veggies, this recipe looks great! I can't wait to try it!

Jen H said...

Let me know how it turns out!

suz said...

Yum.

NKP said...

I haven't had brocoflower before - but I love oven roasted cauliflower - sounds great!

Jennifer Brody said...

This would be great thrown into risotto, or pureed into soup, too!

xoxo
The Diva